It is currently 09:35 15 Oct 2018

Hi there! Is there anybody home? 

Post Hi there! Is there anybody home?
Hello Risc OS people!

I've recently started to discover the wonders of Risc OS on my Pandaboard ES and Raspberry Pi computers, and I ABSOLUTELY love the OS and it's games!!
As a lifetime Amiga user and advocate, I can't help but recognize how far away beyond the Amiga Acorn computers were...
I never had an Archimedes: I live in Spain and those machines were totally unknown here. NOT a single word in ANY computer magazine. Nada.

So I'm trying to redeem myself by trying to enjoy Risc OS on both computers, Panda and Pi.

The FTP is AWESOME, something I've never found: Risc OS legacy software resources are very rare on Internet. So, even if the forum seems very quiet since 2011, I'd like to find out if it's still active. Other Risc OS communities I've found so far are cold and very strange, compared to the Amiga ones. But this page and forum has something that remembers me of those Amiga forums I love, so...here I am.

Thanks!

19:14 02 Oct 2012

Post Re: Hi there! Is there anybody home?
Some of us still lurk occasionally ;)

Hello and Welcome btw!

The man responsible for all of this: Charlie is around somewhere, I don't think he's been too well recently and had/has a lot of work on. I'm trying to get him to start frequenting the place again ;)

Yes the other Risc OS sites have both benefits and drawbacks... this is a bit more relaxed, if a little quiet ;)

Glad to hear you are enjoying Risc OS on your Pandaboard and Pi - you can also try running an older version of Risc OS under emulation on either Mac or PC. Classic Risc OS - is a very nice custom version of 3.11. So nice in fact that like Charlie I use it on my own Machine.

Anything I can help with I will so do let me know. :)

23:32 29 Mar 2013